Thursday, February 3, 2011

Review: Anyone Can Die by James LePore


Anyone Can Die

ISBN #: 978-161188001-4
Page Count: 46
Copyright: 2009 by James LePore


Summary:
(Taken from back cover)

James LePore's first novel, A World I Never Made, earned raves from reviewers, readers, and fellow authors alike.

Now LePore returns to the characters of A World I Never Made to present us with three suspenseful and unforgettable stories (in Anyone Can Die)


My Review:

This book contained three short stories.  Each story focused on a separate character/couple that was originally portrayed in James LePore's first novel, A World I Never Made.

The stories were well written.  There was enough depth to the characters to be able to understand them without it taking up most of the short story.  Reading about them made me want to read A World I Never Made just to see how far they go, if they interact with each other, etc.

My experience with short stories has not been favorable.  The majority of the time I've felt like I couldn't get to know the character at all.  I've felt like the story was rushed through with no real depth or feeling to it.  This is not the case with the three short stories within the covers of Anyone Can Die.  With these, I was instantly drawn into the stories.  And, even though they were short, I felt the stories were completed ... although I did keep thinking about what happened afterwards, but don't we all do that with good stories?

Oh, and in case you wondered where the title came from, here's your answer:

"Have the courage to live.  Anyone can die." - Robert Cody

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. I love short stories. I'll have to check it out.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast