Monday, December 5, 2011

Kathy Reviews: Curse of the Egyptian Goddess by Lisa Rayns

ISBN #: 978-1466486089
Page Count: 92
Copyright: 2011
Publisher: CreateSpace


Book Summary:
(Taken from author's website)

Given her ten-year curse that leaves her beaten and bruised, Emma Patrix has grown accustomed to drinking away the pain. And with a trail of dead bodies behind her, it was only a matter of time before the law caught up.

Now she's accused of murder and she must flee the country to find the one man who can help her break the curse - Calvin Konrad. She finally catches up with him in Egypt, but he's not the same sweet boy she remembers from her childhood. And getting him to help her proves more difficult than she ever imagined.


Kathy's Review:

I like my heroines a little bit rough around the edges, and Emma (originally: Cleo) Patrix completely fits the bill. She's got a little bit of a drinking problem - and no wonder - she's dealing with a pretty nasty curse that can kill anyone she gets close to. As she tries to find her childhood love, the also-cursed Calvin, you can't help but root for her to succeed. This story kept me engaged throughout, and I was interested to see how the curse would be broken (if it is at all!).

This is a novella, so it's pretty short. I'd like to see this story take on a little bit more life - I think it certainly has the potential to do so. Rayns has a winner of a plot, as well as a very likable heroine in Emma/Cleo. The ending is certainly surprising, but I think it just needs a little bit more explanation. At the end I wasn't quite sure if I knew what happened. Maybe that's what Rayns intended though???

Check this out if you enjoy intense, sexually-charged thrillers with compelling characters. I look forward to seeing more from this author!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to review my novella, Kathy! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this book and can't wait for Lisa's next book!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast