Thursday, May 2, 2013

Review: The Princess (Alexander Trilogy, Book1) by Stan I.S. Law

ASIN #: B003VWCJ62
File Size: 286 KB
Page Count: 236
Copyright: December 15, 2009
Publisher: INHOUSEPRESS


Book Summary:
(Taken from Amazon)

A boy approaching puberty enjoys exuberant imagination which leads him through progressive stages of self discovery. His imaginary travels unfold an inner world within him, a reality he'd never suspected. An enigmatic Princess guides him in his search and finally rewards him with the realization of his own true and mysterious nature.

When a boy meets himself among the stars ...


Mandy's Review:

I'll just be blunt on this review, shall I? I suffered through this book. The only reason I did so was because I thought it was from an author or publisher for review. Then, after I had finished, I realized that it was a freebie I got off of Amazon one day because I decided to give it a try.

I am so glad I didn't pay for this book ... and yet I see it has nothing but 5-star reviews on Amazon (albeit there are only three of them). I'm not sure what book those reviewers were reading, but it must not have been the same one as me.

The boy mentioned in the summary is 13-years-old. He begins to hear an inner voice that is female. For the sake of the review, let's call her an inner guide. The boy and his guide go on these "spiritual trips" where the boy finds out who he really is. Not only that, but apparently he's a boy-genius who has skipped a couple grades in school, so he's also a deep thinker about life.

I really don't know what the point of this book was. I found the boy pretentious. I found his ability to deeply contemplate life and its meaning absurd for a 13-year-old. The spiritual trips with an inner guide I found to be a "nod" towards the demonic. You may not agree with me, but you're not writing this review. I am. These are my thoughts and I found this book to be a huge waste of time. In no way am I interested in reading the rest of this trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast