Sunday, August 10, 2014

{Book/Author Spotlight} SEX, MURDER & KILLER CUPCAKES by Allison Janda

ISBN #: 978-1499583595
Page Count: 262
Copyright: May 21, 2014
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 1st Edition


Book Description:
(Take from Amazon)

She may be a crime-scene photographer, but that doesn’t mean Marian Moyer is ready to star in her own murder mystery. Most days, she can’t even control her hair. But when the star of Marian’s racy, underground magazine turns up dead and the police are convinced she’s the guilty party, it’s up to Marian to find out who really did it before it’s too late. While danger isn’t exactly her middle name, there’s plenty to go around, especially when Marian begins to suspect that her long-time man crush is behind it all.

Buy Links:



Author Spotlight:


I was a pretty boring kid. I was also a fairly run-of the-mill teenager. I never snuck out to parties. School sporting events were beyond my understanding. I was constantly lost between the worlds of books and theater. In college I majored in Journalism, which would eventually seal my fate. I wouldn’t realize it for another seven years or so.

Like most people in their early 20s, I jacked around quite a bit. Job here. Relationship there. Surely the emergency credit card can be used to purchase shoes, right? I really need nude heels that I can wear twice and then forget about completely.

Somewhere in my late 20s I started having honest heart-to-heart conversations with people that I looked up to. I decided to make some huge changes. I quit my well-paying job and started my own business, Curly Q Media. It was not a smart business move but then, I’m not often praised for using the left side of my brain.

Somewhere in the middle of that mess, I got the idea in my head to write books. The thought had lingered in the back of my brain for a long time but, you know, 60,000+ words is a serious time commitment.

I started the blog 365 with a Twist. Basically, I took the typical 365 Project where you take one photo every day for a year and added a short story to it. This led me to write a short story with a couple of characters I loved like they were family. I began to wonder what they did outside of that racy short. I began to lose interest in the remaining several months of my project.

So was born my first novel. I wrote it in 32 days. The fact that I wanted to enter it into a first time writer’s competition with a deadline only 33 days away helped significantly. When it was submitted, I was so giddy with pleasure at my accomplishment that I started writing a follow-up. I celebrated the one-year anniversary of my now successful business just two months later.

That’s pretty much the story, for now. I still consider myself pretty boring. The only flavoring I use in lattes is vanilla. The only movies I’m willing to watch are those with happy endings. I won’t purchase less, I’ll simply find a way to make more. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, especially those holiday-themed ones with all the extra peanut butter, are my downfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast